Commercial auto garages have very limited flooring options. Any type of flooring that you choose has to be capable of withstanding the chemicals, weight, and abuse that auto garages face. At Colorado Concrete Repair, we work with a lot of mechanics and car repair shops, creating flooring that fits their needs, and in almost every case, the type of flooring they need most is epoxy.
Epoxy Flooring for Auto Garages
Epoxy flooring is not the only type of flooring that can be used for commercial repair shops and service centers. If you want, you can also use:
- Concrete Flooring
- Rubber Tiles
- PVC Flooring and Interlocking Tiles
We do a LOT of concrete flooring, but rarely are any of these flooring options preferred by commercial garages the way that epoxy flooring is. That is because epoxy flooring has numerous advantages that make it the ideal commercial flooring option for your property. These include, but are not limited to:
- Chemical Resistance – By far the greatest benefit of epoxy flooring is its resistance to chemicals, which is critical when working with commercial garages. It can resist all long term damage from oils, gas, brake fluid, transmission fluid, and other chemicals from inside cars and on tires – chemicals so harsh, they are even known to damage concrete. Epoxy flooring withstands all of them.
- Durable Enough for Heavy Traffic – Its resistance is its primary benefit, but epoxy flooring is also profoundly durable. Even with the heavy weight of modern vehicles, it won’t crack, fade, or chip, and will maintain a smooth surface for years to come.
- Easy to Clean – Commercial garages will get messy, which is both a safety hazard for employees and unsightly. But epoxy flooring is very easy to clean. It requires only sweeping or mopping and, because it is seamless, it won’t capture any debris.
- Slip Resistant – Those working in the garage are handling heavy equipment and working with potentially dangerous tools. Epoxy flooring, especially when a non-slip aggregate is added to the mix, will prevent slipping risks and make the entire garage safer.
- Decorative – Finally, epoxy flooring doesn’t have to be unattractive. Commercial garages are still businesses, and businesses need to look professional and maintain a brand. Epoxy flooring has essentially limitless decorative styles that that be created, which makes it far more intriguing as a flooring option for commercial repair shops.
These are only a few of the many benefits of epoxy flooring for auto garages. While it may not be the only option for repair shops and other car service centers, it is by far the best option or the vast majority of auto repair shops.
What Are the Downsides?
Epoxy flooring has very few downsides. Cost can be a factor, but over the life of the property, the cost of epoxy flooring is typically less than most other options. Concrete is another option that we offer here at Colorado Concrete Repair, and it is still a popular one – plus it is often necessary to place before putting an epoxy layer on top – but most people do not stop at concrete, and utilize the strengths of epoxy.
If you’d like to learn more about auto garage flooring or you’d like an estimate for your repair shop epoxy in Denver, Aurora, Commerce City, Littleton, or anywhere else in the region, please contact us today.